Late Winter Tree Trimming Is the Best Tree Care Decision You Can Make
Late Winter Tree Trimming
Late winter tree trimming will keep your trees always looking green and healthy. For so many reasons, winter is the best time of the year for trimming your trees.
Late winter is just the perfect time to trim deciduous plants. So, once the leaves are gone, and all trees are in their dormancy period, you can take advantage to do some pruning.
You should always strike for mid-February until early March to prune most trees. Doing this, you’ll promote long-term health in deciduous plants. Also, you can make sure that they start to grow healthier and prettier in the spring.
Besides, late winter tree trimming in Texas will add safety to your property.
Tips to Do Late Winter Tree Trimming in Texas!
- Always prune on a dry day.
- Make sure to prune dead, diseased, broken, and weak branches first.
- Cut large branches that hang over walkways or areas where you walk and mow so that they don’t fall off.
- Remove big branches to increase the flow of air and light through the crown of the tree.
- Try to prune in a way that it keeps the vertical and robust structure of your tree.
- When pruning, make sure to cut outside the branch collar. The all-knowing Wikipedia defines the branch collar as “the visible swelling in a woody plant that forms at the base of a branch where it is attached to its parent branch or the tree’s trunk.”
- Avoid removing more than 30% of your tree’s branches in a single year.
Now let’s see a list of common shrubs and trees you can trim in late winter or early spring:
Trees You Can Prune in Late Winter
- Bradford Pear
- Bald cypress
- Honey locust
- Summer Flowering Trees
- Fruit Trees
Shrubs You Can Prune in Late Winter!
- European hornbeam
- Glossy Abelia
Don’t Prune These Trees during Late Winter
What Else Not To Prune in Late Winter
- Spring Flowering Shrubs
- Spring Flowering Trees
- Once Blooming Roses
- Bleeding Trees
We hope that you take the initiative to do late winter tree trimming since it will be healthy for your trees and it will guarantee a prettier and safer property.
If you know that the late tree trimming in Houston TX requires climbing tall trees, the use of a chainsaw to remove large branches, you should call our experts. Here at JNE Tree Services, we have provided outstanding tree trimming services since 1995.
Keep visiting our blog since we’ll continue to bring on useful info. Until next time! Good luck!